Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Who you got?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Who you got?

    I got bored with the trivia thing real quick figured I'd start doing this to get opinions. Of the following players who do you take as your starting running back in the LPD? Don't take into account future success/failure.

    Ed Clark
    Johny McFall
    Thomas Jones
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who you got?

    1. Ed
    2 A & B Johnny and Thomas
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who you got?

    Clark

  4. #4
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who you got?

    Clark, he was more of a "punishing" type of running back with great break-away speed. McFall was a lot like him, but not with the type of break-away speed that Edd had.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mk3supra's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2006
    Posts
    536
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who you got?

    Clark...
    [url="http://hookersburg.myminicity.com"]http://hookersburg.myminicity.com[/url]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who you got?

    40 million reasons why I choose Thomas.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  7. #7
    Inactive Member BUSMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2003
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who you got?

    I'm assuming that since you list Clark, MacFall, and Jones you must think they are the best three in the LPD ever. While I would agree that Clark was the best of the three in high school, I would suggest that both Connor Litton and Gail Livingston from Norton were better than McFall and just as good as Jones in high school. I have no ties whatsoever with Norton, this is just my objective opinion.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who you got?

    I really can't give an accurate statement because I have only saw Thomas, but I would probably side with him because more than likely he was faster than each, just as strong or strong, and faced bigger, faster competition. May not be true, but I sure would like to see film of the other two.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who you got?

    Hamm for Coeburn in the early 90's was a beast also.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who you got?

    Did all 3 play high school?
    Did all 3 play college?
    Did all 3 play professional?
    Did all 3 excel so much at each level that the continued on to the next?

    Thomas excelled so much at each, that his career carried on. I dont think you could go wrong on any of them, but look at his stats, team success and how he performed on each level. I dont see how an argument could be mad against Thomas.. I dont see an argument being made against the other 2 either really.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •